September 4, 2015

The best shampoo to use for scalp psoriasis





I have had psoriasis since I was in my Tweens. It is a autoimmune disease that is often hereditary.  Basically, the body goes on hyperdrive and produces skin cells at a much higher rate than normal. Instead of every 28+ days, psoriasis sufferers produce cells every 6+ days. As a result the dead skin cells build up very quickly into these white, thick patches that can be unsightly and itchy.

These patches can appear almost anywhere. I have small spots and patches on a few places on my body, like my left elbow, but my biggest area is on the back of my scalp. Anyone who gets to know me will notice that I subconsciously scratch my head because it is often extremely itchy. It truly can drive you crazy from time to time. And when I scratch, small flakes of skin fall off and collect on the top of my shoulders. Luckily, my closest pals will whisper to me to give it a good swipe from time to time.

There are so many "options" for scalp psoriasis sufferers out there and believe me, I have tried them all. And, for the most part they generally are worse than just leaving it alone. I have fine, "blond" (aka dyed) hair so using tar shampoo darkens the hair that I am spending tons of money on to lighten. Can I get a hashtag Fail. The other topical creams, potions and lotions just seem to make my hair greasy or clumpy and my vanity prevents me from using them. So, I went years just using regular shampoo and struggling with the flaking and itching.

And then everything changed. Enter Sebamed Everyday Shampoo.

Sebamed is a German company that focuses on developing non-soap products that maintain the ideal pH level of 5.5. The result is healthier and less dehydrated skin.

I used it for about a month a really thought it had made a huge difference, but I became sure when my hair stylist of 15 years told me she had never seen my scalp looking as good as it was. It was the confirmation that I needed to know that I would definitely repurchase.

If you have scalp psoriasis, I highly recommend Sebamed.  Come back and let me know if it worked for you too.


SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hello friends! If you are suffering from Psoriasis ,u can find quick response here. Psoriasis Shampoo.

    Shampoo For Psoriasis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have scalp psoriasis and have tried everything on the market have been to dermatologist I have three drawers full of prescription medications I tried Shiva mad and it's now my third treatment and my scalp just feels totally different I don't have sores on my scalp and I'm not inching thank you and I recommend this to everyone Helen from Long Island New York

    ReplyDelete

© 3BagsFull Too | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig